Want or need a new career?
Vocational Assessment and Training is one of the most unique offerings of our program.
Substance and alcohol abuse often interfere with performance in the workplace. If a guest has a job which they enjoy, our goal is to help them return to that job as a healthier and more productive employee. However, some of our guests will have lost jobs or been unable to find a job which gives them a sense of purpose and fulfillment. For those guests, our goal is to provide a thorough assessment of their strengths and skills to determine what type of job or career would be best suited to them. We will then provide guidance and beginning skills training to assist them in reaching their goals. Examples of training options will include but not limited to:
- Computer Skills (e.g. Guests will at the minimum learn to utilize Microsoft Office)
- Horse Related (e.g. Equine Therapy, Horse Massage, Vet Tech, Horse Care)
- Job Seeking Skills (e.g. creating a resume, interviewing skills, etc.)
- Food Services
- Entrepreneurial Skills (e.g. how to create a business plan, finding venture capital etc.)
- Second Language
- EMT, Firefighting
- Substance Abuse Counselor